Customer Care – Effective Tools for Retaining Your Customers
How often do we hear the mantra, “The customer is always right”? Quite simply, customers are the life-blood of the business. Without customers, there is NO business.
Business must make every effort to ensure that their customers are given top class service and treated with extra special care on each and every occasion they make contact with the business. That should apply regardless of whether that is to order new and additional products or services or, conversely, to make a complaint.
Consider the facts:
- The average business typically has to spend 6 times more to sell their product/service to a new customer than to an existing one.
- Typically only 4 out of 100 dissatisfied customers complain about the product/service - the rest vote with their feet and move to the competition - you may never know what you did wrong
- Typically, a dissatisfied customer tells between 8 and 10 others about his/her experiences, but a staggering 1 in 5 tells 20 others
- Typically, 70% of dissatisfied customers will do business with you again if you can resolve their problem satisfactorily. This rises to 95% if you can resolve it on the spot.
- Consumers who feel staff show an interest are more than twice as likely to make a repeat purchase
- Companies could boost their profits by 100% by retaining just 5% more of their customers
Innovo Training & Development has designed our Customer Care programmes to help address each of the above points to allow participants deliver and indeed surpass the service promise they make to their customers. The programmes are focused on developing customer care skills that encourage the retention of existing customers as well as to gain new ones.